Sunday, May 11, 2014

Infertility on Mother's Day

photograph by the wonderful Erika Mills Photography
 
Happy Mother's Day to all of the beautiful women out there who are mothers. While most people are celebrating you all today (and for good reason!) I wanted to share with you a reminder of the women that people often forget about today...
 
Happy Mother's Day to all of my amazing infertility community... While they may only be mothers in their hearts, they have tried and sacrificed so much for the chance to be a mother. Extra prayers and happy thoughts for them today! One in eight people (often silently) fight the same battle I've been fighting. And please, please, please- if you know anybody who has ever miscarried, please remember that today is for them too. I know many of us celebrate the moms who are lucky enough to be holding their children tight today, but motherhood goes far beyond only those who have that blessing!
 
xoxo,
Laura

6 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! I hope you have had a nice day celebrating you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post! So thoughtful for the ttc and infertility community!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie. I read your Mother's Day blog post and we are mother's in our hearts. Being a mother is about loving unconditionally, selflessness, and dedication to your child. Those are all qualities us TTC gals have! And you, have conceived before are most definitely a mother to a beautiful angel baby <3 I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, Katie!

      Delete
  3. Happy Mother's Day sweet Laura! Hope you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I did! Happy Mother's Day to you too and I hope you did as well!

      Delete

Hello gorgeous, I love reading your comments!