Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Trying Something New in Project Life


I am in love with this page and even though my camera has suffered from a terrible case of user error lately, I had to share photos anyway. This layout was just too pretty for me to keep it to myself. It's a combination of testing my boundaries, stepping out of my comfort zone and relying on the tried and true loves in my process. The risk? Trying out green, which I never really use in my layouts. Sticking with white borders around my photos and white space in my cards. I also used some white sequins that reflect a pearly pink color to pull out some of the pinks on my photos, which I felt really pulled the whole thing together to make one cohesive page!


Once you've discovered your style in Project Life, it can be really hard to abandon it in the effort to try something new, something totally not "you." But once in a while, it's good to test our creative boundaries and see what else we can come up with!

What creative boundaries do you have? How do you test your creative boundaries?

xoxo,
Laura

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, this is such a great post, girl! And so funny that using green is out your comfort zone. In my Living Room Tour post from last week I wrote about how everything in my life has to have green in it -- even if just a teeny, tiny bit -- because it adds a dimension of life; it balances everything out (a photo, a spread, home decor, an outfit, whatever).

    And that confetti pocket?! YES, PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's funny, how we all have different styles and preferences! I love green in terms of plants and natural elements, but when playing with paper- it's tough for me, for sure!

      Delete
  2. I totally need to enlist your creative help on something I am working on. Do you do projects for people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely do :) Just shoot me an email with what you have in mind, girl!

      Delete

Hello gorgeous, I love reading your comments!