Friday, September 20, 2013

DIY Star Banner Bunting

I know it's a little premature, since we haven't gone to closing yet for our new house; but I've been working on a few projects for my soon to be home office. First I checked out my pinterest board for lovely office spaces. Then I thought about which items I could get started on before we actually move in.

I know that without a doubt I want my office to be fresh, light and inspiring. I want to be able to settle into my office for the day and happily reside there for hours on end while I get work done. One of the most important aspects of enjoying your office space is making sure that it INSPIRES you. It has to make you want to work, want to improve, want to succeed. For me, that means being surrounded by simple but beautiful things. Especially hand-made items that fuel my creativity.


I decided to start with creating an inspiration board. The first diy project on my list? Bunting that was in touch with my inner girly side. First I thought about doing a scalloped or semi circle design but quickly decided that stars would be far more my style. I grabbed some gorgeous gold glitter paper I already had on hand for another project and got to work drawing and cutting my stars.

DIY Star Banner Bunting
Project Supplies- Glitter Paper, Pencil, Scissors, Needle and Fishing Wire

After you trace and cut all of your stars out, thread a needle with clear fishing wire and string all the stars together on the line. Tie knots at each end of your banner so the stars don't fall off. Tip- it is better to string the fishing wire through two holes in each star instead of just letting it dangle by one hole. When you string it through only one spot per star, the stars flip over very easily, exposing the less than pretty white side of the paper with your my kindergarten-style pencil outlines.


I am loving my new diy star banner bunting. Not only will it look perfect in my new office space, but it would also make a gorgeous photography backdrop! I can't wait to fill up the rest of my inspiration board with gorgeous pictures and get some better snapshots once it's in it's permanent home. Sorry about the poor lighting- Currently my new cork board is residing in the corner of our small dark apartment bedroom. Squished between our canopy bed and closet door. Have I mentioned how excited I am to be moving into a home with extra space and an abundance of natural light? (Because I am REALLY excited!)

This project is time consuming and detail oriented, but it's a great diy for photographers or mama's decorating their little girl's bedroom.

I've also decided to offer up a few of these in my shop for those who love the bunting but would rather buy it than make it. Available in 5 ft increments. The glitter stars are double sided on these so you don't have to worry about any of the stars flipping over! Price is $15 per 5 ft strand, includes shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello gorgeous, I love reading your comments!