Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sending a Great IVF Care Package

Having a friend whose going through IVF can be tough. Usually, they are experiencing things that leave them feeling defeated, emotional and upset. And sometimes we don't know how to best comfort them like we want to.

The IF (infertility) community is amazing. The women I meet and get to know are such beautiful women. Trying as hard as they can to have the family they dream of. When my dear friend, Jessah of Dreaming of Dimples was going through IVF, I decided that the best way I could show my love and support towards her wasn't simply just through my words online, but in sending her a care package made just for her. She had been feeling overwhelmed, stressed out and emotional. So to brighten her day, I sent her an IVF care package.

Sending a Great IVF Care Package


The first step to sending a great package is picking a theme. Care packages that follow a theme are so thoughtful. They require you to think about colors, scents and items that would best suit the person you are sending them to. I went with a lavender scented/purple colored theme.

Items I included:

1. A card (life is a beautiful ride, enjoy it) with a long personal note inside explaining the contents of the package.
2. Lavender Epson salts for a soothing and healing bath. Seriously guys, Epson salt is amazing. Add two cups to your steaming bath, soak for 45 minutes. You sweat out toxins and impurities. It helps reduce swelling of joints, soothes aching muscles and helps bruises heal faster. And the lavender scent? Absolutely wonderful for opening your sinuses (especially if you've been crying a lot lately) and helping your mind relax and be present instead of worrying about yesterday, today and tomorrow.
3. An amazing book (Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner) I had recently read. This book was written by one of my favorite authors and was so engrossing. You really get lost in the character's stories. Plus, IVF is actually part of this book. When you relate to the characters, it helps you get lost in their world for a little while. Escape your own worries. Perfect way to spend that 45 minute bath soak.
4. Lavender-vanilla aromatherapy candle. For relaxation and destressing, again.
5. Diy jewel hair clip. To add a little sparkle to your day when you're feeling blue.
6. Peppermint chap stick. For soft lips and kissable breath. To help you reconnect with your spouse and encourage you to spend some quality time being affectionate together. Because IF/IVF is hard on a marriage/relationship and sometimes we have to remember that our relationships need as much attention as our worries. And make-out sessions have great anti-stress, happy-inducing benefits!


Could you image coming home to a package like this at the end of yet another long, worry-filled day? Just what your IVF girlfriend could use to help her relax and escape her worries for a few nights.

What would you include in a great IVF care package?
I'm always looking for more fabulous ideas!

xoxo,
Laura

6 comments:

  1. This is so incredibly touching and thoughtful care package. If I was dealing with that I would love to receive a package like that. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Danica <3 I just love putting gifts together for my girlfriends. I love thinking about what would perfectly suit them and make it all look gorgeous together! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. You're truly the sweetest friend EVER! I still use items in this package and loved it more than you'll ever know. It was incredibly thoughtful…and absolutely perfect. Every item you included. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessah! I just love putting together things like this though. It makes me so happy, especially knowing that you've been able to actually use each item! I hope that if I were to ever try IVF one day, and I don't know that I will because of how emotionally wrecking it can be, but if I do, I hope I have friends there on my bad days, too <3

      Delete
  3. Maybe I am overlooking it - but what is the name of the book you found? I recently went thru a transfer round that sadly worked out and then didn't shortly thereafter... But during the "two week wait" I found a book literally called, "The Two Week Wait" by Sarah Rayner that deals with infertility. Sadly I haven't finished it yet, I tucked it away to finish when I am ready for another transfer cycle. But I was really enjoying it when I had time to read it then, so thought I'd throw that in a comment for other to see and check out. And this care package is fantastic - I've connected with a few woman going through this as well and will be doing this for them this summer now, so thank you so much! And, what was the name of your book recommendation? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing that out, I can't believe I forgot to include it haha. The book is called "Then Came You" by Jennifer Weiner. It's fiction but OH SO GOOD! I have a hard time reading informational or self-help style books about infertility. This book had all the feelings + a great story. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss last transfer. Sending so many positive + healing vibes your way! Thinking of you, thanks for reading!

      Delete

Hello gorgeous, I love reading your comments!