Friday, June 6, 2014

How to Make Your Own Scripted Scrapbook Paper


Alternate title for today's post- "Cats, Meow." And that's how you know it's going to be a wonderfully good day. Today I'm sharing some diy scripted scrapbooking paper I've made. It's super easy and gorgeous. I love the personal touch that comes with adding your own handwriting to projects. (Have you guys seen my new blog layout? "Laurel Lane" now features my very own handwriting!)
 
 
All you need to make a perfect scripted background for your layouts is a sharpie and plain old card stock. Also, and this is probably the hardest part.... let go of trying to make everything perfect. Nothing handmade is ever perfect, and we are the harshest critics of ourselves. I almost didn't use my "cats, meow" paper for this page in my art journal, because the spaces between lines is off and the handwriting is not perfect and constantly running at an angle. After I did, I received so many compliments on it, I was blown away. Imperfection made the page perfectly mine. Perfect is not the goal. Unique and hand made is. 


I will probably be using this technique a lot more in the future. I can't wait to try it out on a 12 x 12 page! I hope you all feel encouraged to give it a try. Happy paper crafting!

xoxo,
Laura

8 comments:

  1. Your handwriting looks pur-fect on this page! Love it so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun, Laura! Absolutely going to pick up a thicker sharpie and try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute! now to get a kitty again... or two! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I feel you girl! I would have ALL the cats, if I could!

      Delete

Hello gorgeous, I love reading your comments!