Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My Florida Vacation Project Life Title Page Insert


I'm a big fan of using title pages while scrapbooking. Whenever an exciting event happens, I like to make sure it's got a headline before I jump into sharing the photos and details of the event. (I used title pages for my 24th birthday last year, and to document when I adopted my puppy- as seen here and here.)

I thought about making a large 12x12 title page to mark the beginning of my Florida vacation this year, but I wanted to keep the cohesive pocket page look of project life in my 2014 album. My solution? This gorgeous title page insert! 


I used a 4x12 insert from this small variety pack of page protectors. I loved the 4x4 size of each pocket. Because I don't use square pockets in any of my other pages, it makes the title page really stand out, as I was hoping for. I went a little crazy with the thickers to document this event, haha. I think I managed to add them to at least 5 different cards throughout the 5 spreads it took to document this one week. 

I also used this method of adding journaling to this page without having it take up an entire 3x4 pocket. I simply added some paper tabs to my journaling card (like Rebecca Cooper does here,) and tucked the card behind one of my photos. I picked out a lovely floral print from both the title page insert and these paper tabs for my journaling, which really makes the layout cohesive. 


Do you guys signify your special events in a flashy way while documenting them? What do you do to make sure it stands out among the daily activities of life in your album?


xoxo,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello gorgeous, I love reading your comments!