Monday, April 20, 2015

Travel | Exploring Tucson, Arizona

Last summer, I had the most wonderful trip to Arizona to visit some of my family who had moved there. Arizona was much like I expected: hot, dry, dead. Because I went in the middle of summer, there weren't any pretty succulents or dessert plants growing besides cactus. There were a lot of dead bushes and there are no trees or grass until you start going up the mountains because it's just too dry at ground level. So my sister, Ashley, and I took to the nearest city- Tucson, to explore some of the more exciting things "the middle of nowhere, AZ" offers.


The city was gorgeous. Despite it's general lack of greenery (which I have a fond affection towards, growing up in the Midwest,) the skies were bright blue and clear for days. Being in it's dry season, meant no clouds. Which, my friends, is absolutely AMAING when it comes to stargazing at night. You haven't see a proper night sky until you've seen it in the dessert. No clouds, no trees or tall buildings to block your view, no ambient light. Everything is pitch black and the starts are bright and everywhere!

The architecture is beautiful. There is so much Spanish influence in their buildings. Within the city, they've done a lot of landscaping, too. Pretty palm trees and tall green bushes line some of the buildings. It was hot outside and we didn't last very long walking along the streets, downtown, exploring. But what we did see, was pretty. Exploring downtown is such a fun, cheap date. Appreciating all the buildings, taking photos to document my trip + our time together. I loved it. Even if I'm not quite sold on Arizona as a place to live, yet.

Did you do any traveling last summer? Where is your favorite place you've ever visited?

xoxo,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello gorgeous, I love reading your comments!