Have you ever had another blogger whose posts you always look forward to because they brighten your day? Well the lovely Jessah of Dreaming of Dimples (and fellow IF (infertility) warrior) nominated my little blog for the Sunshine Award! The Sunshine Award is all about fellow bloggers whose posts brighten your day and I am so excited about it because above all things, I hope to be an encouraging voice in the IF blogging world. Can we all squeal in excitement now? I know I am!
The rules for the Sunshine Award are as follows:
1. Include an icon for the Sunshine Award- I made my own because I like the smiling sun.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award.
5. Link to your nominees, let them know about the award and give them 10 questions to answer.
Jessah's questions for me:
1. What do you do for work (always curious to know what everyone does all day long)?
- Surprisingly, I make a living taking care of other people's children. I know, as somebody battling infertility, it's not the "ideal" job. But I love children, I love the amazing families I get to be a part of, and I come with a decade of child care experience under my belt. I've been taking care of children almost half my life (with a lot of experience with special needs children) and there's nothing better than children's laughter, or the way they love you as part of their family once you've been around long enough. I'm also a photographer and accessories designer.
2. What is your favorite quote?
- "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8.
3. What is the item of clothing you want to buy most for this fall season?
- I already went out a couple of weekends ago and got several plaid button ups. I wear 'em with boots and jeans for a really simple and warm fall look. In fact I was wearing one of said new shirts for this photo shoot!
4. What is a great book that you've read recently?
- I just finished "These Girls" last night and loved it! A review to come soon, as always, with my 52 books in 52 weeks challenge.
5. What is your signature recipe?
- I made a pretty darn delicious potato soup. This summer I learned how to make chicken scampi though, Olive Garden style and it's probably my new favorite now.
6. What is your middle name?
- Rahel. There's an accent mark over the "e." Pronounced (ray-elle). I am in love with my middle name. I love having a name nobody has ever heard before. Especially considering my boring first name is that of a 1950's house wife.
7. Tell me a secret (about anything).
- Well, we are closing on our new house this Friday! I never did announce that the appraisal went well and we are indeed able to buy it -opps-.
8. What is the scariest thing you've ever done?
- Maybe my divorce, or perhaps my infertility testing. Probably leaving somebody behind that I loved tremendously because they were really bad for me though. Love is a hard thing to give up. When it's toxic though, it's so important to put yourself first and get out. Once you learn how to recognize the difference between toxic love and the right kind, you're so much better off. Now I'm lucky enough to be dating my best friend, somebody who knew me and accepted me long before I was theirs, somebody who is kind and patient with me. Somebody who wants the same things in life. Most importantly, somebody who I could spend every day the rest of my life smiling at because they are tremendously good for me and to me.
9. What is your favorite way to de-stress?
- Bubble baths, writing lists, crafting, working out. Sometimes a good make-out session is completely and totally effective too ;)
10. How many different cities have you lived in?
- Do towns count? I've only lived in a couple of major cities (Virginia Beach and currently, Charlotte) but I've lived in more small towns than I care to count! Four different states (Michigan, Florida, Virginia, North Carolina.) I like moving and exploring new places :)
And the bloggers I'm nominating are:
1. Lex at He & I. I love this blog, so uplifting as well as tons of cute family and baby pictures!
2. Katie at Hope Engaged. World traveler, lover of God, and gorgeous? Yup, she's got all 3 of those.
3. Jess at JMN Way. A dear friend who brought me closer to God when I didn't believe in him.
4. Cara at The Marvelous Flight of Cara. Honest about not just the good times, but also the bad.
5. Melissa at Fawn Over Baby. Infertility aside, I always enjoy her gorgeous baby inspiration.
I know, technically I'm supposed to nominate 10 ladies BUT most of the blogs I follow are gorgeous scrapbooking, crafting, project life focused blogs like Simple as That & Stephanie Makes, and as much as I would be thrilled to nominate any one of those ladies, they only post about crafts so the Sunshine Award wouldn't be shared/continued on their blogs after the nomination. The five ladies I chose are 5 blogs whose posts I ALWAYS read every time they show up in my blogger feed. I can't get enough of the goodness going on in each of their lives :)
Finally, my 10 questions for the nominees:
1. What is your favorite memory/ best time in your life?
2. What are 3 things people would be interested to learn about you?
3. What great books have you read recently?
4. What is your favorite blog to follow?
5. What is one struggle you've faced in your life and how did you overcome it and move on to more beautiful things?
6. What is one thing you wish you could do but -just can't- no matter how hard you try? (For me, it's sewing haha)
7. What is your signature recipe?
8. What are 5 things on your bucket list or life list?
9. All of the ladies I chose happen to be married, so what is the most important piece of advice you'd give or have received in having a good marriage? I love reading great advice!
10. Finally, Is your life affected by infertility in any way? Whether it be yourself, a best friend, family member? If so, what is one thing you'd say to that person or one thing you've learned for yourself?
I hope everyone has had a fantastic weekend, and thanks so much again to Jessah for nominating me!