- I broke the lease on my apartment and moved in with my family. I spent a lot of time reflecting on the loss of my grandmother and becoming closer with my "surrogate" family. I am forever grateful of this time I spent working less and being present more.
- A chapter of my life closed when I finally ended one of the most toxic relationships I have ever had in my life. So many loved ones have looked at me in recent months and said how much of a change they've noticed. I have so much hope and laughter now that I've cast aside the need I had to make somebody love me and want a life with me when they simply didn't anymore.
- I spent Valentine's Day thinking about marriage and about the kind of love I hoped to someday give.
- I wrote my Life List.
- Claire and I had family pictures taken. Yes, I took family pictures with my dog. That's what's up.
- I designed the most stunning floral crown for a breathtaking professional bridal session.
- I realized that through my infertility, God was changing the course of my life.
- My Single Girl List became my most popular blog post with 2,000 views.
- You got to meet my now boyfriend in this post.
- My best friend asked me to move to Charlotte, and became my boyfriend. Score.
- I wrote a Guide to Being Friends with Someone Who Can't Have Babies. The most commented on blog post I have ever written. I will forever be grateful for all the lives touched and friendships made within the IF (infertility) community because of that post.
- I spent all summer sharing awesome diy projects with you guys!
- I talked about my divorce and depression. Hallelujah for overcoming both.
- WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!
- You guys celebrated my one year bloggiversary with me.
- I shared my new outlook on life with infertility with you guys and became a hopeful and encouraging voice in the IF community, one who will always be there for you when you need an uplifting reminder or message. Because we're stronger, together
- I started Project Life!
- I celebrated my 24th Birthday.
- After a 6 month hiatus from my business, I launched my new ETSY shop and started designing home accessories!
- I cut off my bangs. I went to my first NFL game and my first NHL game- both in the same month! Follow me on instagram to see more awesome updates like those (user: laurarahel.)
- Then, I shared with you guys how to start YOUR OWN small creative business. That's right. High Five. Let's be awesome together.
Whew! What a year! It has been full of excitement, and oh so many changes. I couldn't be more pleased with how I am ending the year- happy, at home with my cuddly family, in our gorgeous house. 2013 looks good on me!
Now, with a year like that behind me, what changes do I plan to make in the New Year? Take a look...
My 2014 New Year's Resolutions-
- Stop procrastinating.
- Take better care of myself.
- Learn to love, unconditionally.
- Speak less, much less.
- To exude kindness and positivity everywhere I go.
- Travel more for myself.
- Focus on my future and work towards successful small business ownership.
- Quit swearing.
- Grow spiritually, talk to God more.
- Pay off half of all my debt. (This is a HUGE one.)
- Work on improving my personal photography. Pictures of my life are important too.
- Create stronger friendships and new friendships.
- Practice more patience.
What are your New Year's resolutions? Do you find them silly or do you love the feel of a fresh start with renewed motivation?
Happy New Year's everyone! I hope you spend New Year's Eve with love in your heart and loved ones around you.